Fataawa of Shaikh al-Albaanee (رحمه الله)

Author: Shaikh Muhammad Naasirud-Deen al-Albaanee

Source: al-Asaalah Magazine Issues 1-21
Translator: Abu Maryam Isma’eel Alarcon

Published: Wednesday 29th July, 2015

The Scholars' Praise for Imaam al-Albaanee [1]

Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez Al-Hada said:

"The Shaykh, the great scholar, the ocean (of knowledge), Muhammad Al-Ameen Ash-Shanqeetee (رحمه الله) - the one whom no knowledge of the Science of Tafseer and the Arabic Language was comparable to during his lifetime - used to respect Shaykh Al-Albaanee so remarkably to the point that when he would see him passing by, and he was giving his class in the masjid of Madeenah, he would stop his class to stand and give Salaam to him out of respect for him."

The great scholar, the teacher, Muhibb-ud-Deen Al-Khateeb said:

"And from the callers to the Sunnah who devoted their lives to reviving it was our brother Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Nooh Najaatee Al-Albaanee."

The great scholar Muhammad Haamid Al-Fiqee (رحمه الله) said:

"...the brother, the Salafee, the Scholar, Shaykh Naasir-ud-Deen."

The former Muftee of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Ibraaheem Aali Shaykh (رحمه الله) said:

"And he is the upholder of the Sunnah, a supporter of the truth and an opposition to the people of falsehood."

During his lifetime, the father, the Shaykh, 'Abd-ul-'Azeez Ibn Baaz (رحمه الله) said:

"I have not seen anyone under the surface of the sky with more knowledge of the Hadeeth in our current time than the likes of the great scholar, Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaanee."

And he (رحمه الله) was asked about the hadeeth of the Prophet, (صلى الله علیه وسلم):

"Indeed Allaah raises up from this Ummah at the beginning of every century someone who will revive it for them (i.e. a mujaddid)."

So he was asked who is the mujaddid of this century? He replied:

"Shaykh Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaanee. He is the mujaddid in my opinion and Allaah knows best."

Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Saalih Al-'Uthaimeen (رحمه الله) said:

"From what I came to know of the Shaykh through my gatherings with him - and they were few - was that he was very serious about acting upon the Sunnah and fighting against the innovations, whether in matters of Belief or in matters of actions. As for through my readings of his written works, then I have come to know that about him, and also that he possesses a vast amount of knowledge of Hadeeth, in terms of reporting them and investigating them. And Allaah has benefited many people through what he has written such as about knowledge, aspects of the Manhaj, and concern for the science of Hadeeth. And this is an enormous result for the Muslims, all praise be to Allaah."

The great scholar, Shaykh Zaid Ibn Fayaad (رحمه الله) said about him:

"Indeed, Shaykh Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaanee is from the most prominent and distinguished personalities of this era. He had great concern for the Hadeeth - its paths of transmission, its reporters and its level of authenticity or weakness. This is an honorable task from the best things on which hours can be spent and efforts can be made. And he was like any other of the scholars - those who are correct in some matters and err in other matters. However, his devotion to this great science (i.e. of Hadeeth) is from that which requires that his prestige be acknowledged and his endeavors in it be appreciated."

Shaykh Muqbil Ibn Haadee Al-Waadi'ee (رحمه الله) said:

"Indeed, there cannot be found an equal in terms of the knowledge of hadeeth like that of Shaykh Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaanee. Allaah has given benefit through his knowledge and his books several times more than what has been accomplished by those zealots for Islaam upon the ignorance of those who organize reformation and revolutionary movements. And that which I sincerely believe in and which I owe my thanks to Allaah for is that the Shaykh Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaanee is from the mujaddideen (reformers/revivers) whom the Prophet, (صلى الله علیه وسلم), spoke the truth of when he said:

'Indeed Allaah raises up from this ummah at the beginning of every century someone who will revive it for them (i.e. a mujaddid).' [Reported by Abu Dawood and authenticated by Al-'Iraaqee and others]"

Footnote

[1] From Al-Asaalah Magazine (Issue #23, pg. 76-77).

Return to “Dealings”