Fataawa of Shaikh al-Albaanee (رحمه الله)

Author: Shaikh Muhammad Naasirud-Deen al-Albaanee

Source: al-Asaalah Magazine Issues 1-21
Translator: Abu Maryam Isma’eel Alarcon

Published: Wednesday 29th July, 2015

Part of the Shaykh's Last Will & Testament [1]

In the Name of Allaah, Most Merciful, Bestower of Mercy. I counsel my wife, my children, my friends, and all my loved ones, when news of my death reaches them, that they - first - supplicate to Allaah to forgive me and have mercy on me, and that they do not wail over me nor cry with a raised voice.

Secondly, I advise them to hasten my burial, and that they do not inform my close relatives or brothers (of my death) except for the amount that is necessary to carry out the preparation of my burial. I ask that they put my neighbor and sincere friend, 'Izzat Khidr Abu 'Abdillah in charge of washing my body, as well as whoever he chooses to assist him in that.

Thirdly, I choose to be buried in the closet area (i.e. graveyard), so that those who carry my body will not be forced to place me in a car, and which will consequently lead the followers of the Janaazah (funeral) procession to drive in their cars. I also ask that my grave be put in an old graveyard, which will most likely not be dug up (anytime in the near future)...(Some parts omitted here)...

And it is upon those who live in the land in which I die, to not inform anyone outside of these lands, such as my children - not to mention other than them - until after I am buried. This is so that the emotions will not overwhelm and cause people to act on them, which will in turn result in the delay of my Janaazah (funeral).

I ask the Guardian (Allaah) that I meet Him, while having my past and future sins forgiven by Him...(Some parts omitted here)...

I bequest my entire library - whether the book is printed, photocopied, in manuscript form, in my handwriting or someone else's - to the library of the Islaamic University of Madeenah.

This is because of the good memories I have of it with regard to Da'wah (Calling) to the Qur'aan and the Sunnah upon the methodology of the Salaf As-Saalih when I was a teacher there.

I hope that Allaah will cause it to be of benefit to the leaders of that university, just as the university students benefited from its owner in those days. And I ask Allaah that He benefit me by them (the students), through their sincerity and in their Da'wah.

[Allaah says:] "O my Lord! Make me thankful for Your Favor that You bestowed upon me, and upon both my parents, and make me one that does righteous deeds that You love. And correct my offspring for me. Surely I repent to You, and surely I am from amongst the Muslims." [Surah Al-Ahqaaf: 15]

Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaanee
On the 27th day of Jumaadaa Al-Oolaa, 1410 AH

Footnote

[1] Taken from Shaykh 'Alee Hasan Al-Halabee's book "With our Shaykh, the Upholder of the Sunnah and the Religion, Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaanee" (pages 27-28).

Return to “Dealings”