The Signs Before The Day Of Judgement

Author: Al-Haafidh Ibn Katheer

Published: Thursday 14th January, 2016

More Ahaadeeth about the Dajjaal

The Prophet (صلى الله علیه وسلم) said,

"The Dajjaal will emerge in a land in the east called Khurasan. His followers will be people with faces like hammered shields." [1]

Asmaa' bint Yazeed al-Ansaariyyah said,

"The Prophet (صلى الله علیه وسلم) said, 'During the three years just before the Dajjaal comes, there will be one year when the sky will withhold one third of its rain and the earth one-third of its fruits. In the second year the sky will withhold two-thirds of its rain, and the earth two-thirds of its fruits. In the third year the sky will withhold all of its rain, and the earth all of its fruits, and all the animals will die. It will be the greatest tribulation: the Dajjaal will bring a Bedouin and say to him, "What if I bring your camels to life for you? Will you agree that I am your lord?" The Bedouin will say "Yes." So devils will assume the forms of his camels, with the fullest udders and the highest humps. Then he will bring a man whose father and brother have died, and will ask him, "What do you think if I bring your father and brother back to life? Will you agree that I am your lord?" The man will say "Yes," so the devils will assume the forms of his father and brother.' Then the Prophet (صلى الله علیه وسلم) went out for something, and then returned. The people were very concerned about what he had told them. He stood in the doorway and asked, 'What is wrong, Asma'? I said, 'O Messenger of Allaah, you have terrified us with what you said about the Dajjaal.' He said, 'He will certainly appear. If I am still alive, I will contend with him on your behalf; otherwise Allaah will take care of every Muslim on my behalf.' I said, 'O Messenger of Allaah, we do not bake our dough until we are hungry, so how will it be for the believers at that time?' The Prophet (صلى الله علیه وسلم) said, 'The glorification of Allaah which suffices the people of Heaven will be sufficient for them.' " [2]

Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه‎) said,

"The Prophet (صلى الله علیه وسلم) said, 'The Hour will not come until the Muslims fight the Jews and kill them. When a Jew hides behind a rock or a tree, it will say, "O Muslim, O servant of Allaah! There is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!" All the trees will do this except the box-thorn (al-Gharqad), because it is the tree of the Jews.' " [Ahmad] [3]

Footnotes

[1] Tirmidhee Abwaab al-Fitan, Hadeeth 2338, 6/465. Ibn Maajah, Kitaab al-Fitan, Hadeeth 4072, 1354, 2/1353, 1354. Ahmad, Musnad 1/7.

Checker's Note: Saheeh, Saheeh Ibn Maajah: 4072.

[2] Ahmad, Musnad, 6/455, 456.

Checker's Note: Da`eef, al-Mishkat, 1st checking: 5491. Its isnaad contains Sharh ibn Hawshab, who is weak.

[3] Muslim, Kitaab al-Fitan wa Ashraat al-Saa'ah, 8/388. Ahmad, Musnad, 2/417.

Return to “Beliefs”