The Scholars’ Praise for Shaykh Rabee’ Ibn Haadee Al-Madkhalee

Author: Maktabah Al-Idreesee As-Salafiyyah, San’aa, Yemen

Source: Al-Manhaj
Translator: Abu Maryam Isma’eel Alarcon

Published: Wednesday 12th August, 2015

Shaykh Muhammad Ibn 'Abdir-Rahmaan Al-Maghraawee:

On the cassette "A talk on the Manhaj", the Shaykh was asked about Shaykh Rabee' during the Hajj of the year 1418H the following question: "Our Shaykh, as it is well-known, in your treatise "The Mufassiroon and Ta'weel", you touch upon the subject of Sayyid Qutb. So do you agree with everything that Shaykh Rabee' has written in this regard (i.e. about Sayyid Qutb)?"

So the Shaykh said: "One-hundred percent."

Then he was asked: "What do you say about some of the refutations that you have seen done against Shaykh Rabee'?"

So he said: "The refutations that I have seen, there is no proof or evidence in them. Nor do they mention page numbers or specific quotes by which students of knowledge can refer to for this claim that is being made by the author. Rather, it is nothing more than free-lance writing, which any person can do. Anyone can get a pen and start writing about anything. If you want me to write sixty pages for you, leave me alone in this room until the morning time and when you come back you will find that I have written sixty pages - all of which will be just free-lance writing (i.e. not researched or referenced). However, the foundation is that when someone says something, he should accompany it with proofs and evidences. [1] But as for if someone says "such and such" without detailing page numbers and quotes and so on, then this is in fact a crime against the author (he is writing about). And furthermore we say that Shaykh Rabee' is not infallible and that it is possible that he can make some errors, but we let go of those that we know of. However, when we read his book, we were amazed by it and we supplicated to Allaah for good for him and we continue to supplicate for him.

And Shaykh Rabee' is our Shaykh. We know of his honesty and his defending of the Sunnah. This is the way we evaluate him, and Allaah is the best of Evaluators. And I hold him to be from the best of our teachers in Madeenah and the most truthful of them and the most defending of the Sunnah with his wealth and prestige in spite of whatever illness he has and the many obstacles (in his path). And furthermore, since we became acquainted with the Shaykh in recent times, when we were residing in Madeenah, we did not see from the Shaykh anything except defending of the Sunnah and eradicating of innovations and what was obscure and not known to us. And Allaah will reward him for that. So we must supplicate to Allaah for good for Shaykh Rabee' and support what he writes. And if he has errors, then they should be noted in what occurs between him and us...Therefore, what is being said about Shaykh Rabee', then to me, Shaykh Rabee' did well in whatever he wrote. And we ask Allaah that He reward him and everyone that defends Islaam and the authentic Creed with good on behalf of Islaam and the Muslims. This is my belief concerning him and this is the belief that I will meet Allaah with." [2]

Footnotes

[1] He means by this that the four pages that were distributed about Shaykh Rabee' do not have any proofs or evidences in them, unfortunately. Rather, what is found in them are lies against Shaykh Rabee' as Shaykh Rabee' himself has explained in his refutation of the author of these pages in his book "Al-Hadd-ul-Faasil bainal-Haqqi wal-Baatil - Hiwaar ma'a Bakr Abu Zayd" (The Decisive Border between the Truth and Falsehood - A discussion with Bakr Abu Zayd). The Qutubis are the ones who distribute these pages - pages of evil - in refutation of the Carrier of the Flag of Al-Jarh wat-Ta'deel and the one who defends some of the Prophets and Companions, and ahead of that, Allaah and the Book and the Sunnah. And after all this, unfortunately, those who are broke from possessing any clear proofs and evidences cling tightly onto these pages. This is clear proof that these types of people are broke and void of any evidences. Why do these people distribute and spread these pages when they know full well that there is evil within them. And in these pages is defense for the one who reviles the prophet of Allaah, Moosaa and the rightly-guided Khaleefah, 'Uthmaan, and who nullifies his ('Uthmaan's) Khilaafah and makes takfeer on the Islaamic societies, and who claims that the Qur'aan is created and who professes the belief of wahdat-ul-wujood, as well as all the other destructive trials for the ummah. The Qutubis distribute these pages all across the world and they call it "The Golden Advice" when in reality they are "The Pages of Injustice." And it has been made known by the author of these four pages that he curses whoever distributes what he wrote.

[2] Translator's Note: It is important to note that this treatise was compiled several years ago. However in recent times (2001) the scholars of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah have clarified that Maghraawee has serious errors, which lead him towards the views of the takfeeris. Some scholars have openly warned against him and advised us to stay away from him. This came as a result of their advising him and a lack on his part to produce any official recantation of his errors. His statement was left here, as it was part of the booklet.

Return to “The Later Muslims (1401H-)”