What I Witnessed In England

Author: Shaikh Abu ‘Abdir-Rahmaan Yahyaa bin ‘Alee Al-Hujooree

Source: Al-Manhaj
Translator: Abu Maryam Isma'eel Alarcon

Published: Thursday 30th July, 2015

Introduction to the Treatise

All praise be to Allaah, Lord of the Worlds. I bear witness that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allaah, alone and with no partner. He has made all types of falsehood lowly and despised. And I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger. He was sent by his Lord as a guide, a giver of glad tidings, a warner and a caller to Allaah, by His permission, as well as a shining light.

To proceed:

Upon returning from our first da’wah trip to England, [1] our Shaikh (Muqbil) and our brothers at Daar-ul-Hadeeth in Damaaj asked us to relate to them some news of that journey. Afterward, the Shaikh, may Allaah preserve him, instructed that the tape (of the lecture) be transcribed and printed due to what would be anticipated from it, such as benefit for the Muslims and a warning to them of blindly following the disbelievers. So our noble brother, Khaleel bin ‘Abdir-Rabb at-Ta’izee took on the task of transcribing the lecture, while our noble brother, Abu Salamah al-Mahmoodee al-‘Iraaqee typed it into the computer. And our noble brother Sa’eed al-Hubaishaan al-Hadramee took care of printing it. So may Allaah reward all of them with good.

Footnote

[1] Translator’s Note: The Shaikh visited England in 1998 and stayed there for over a month giving classes and lectures, may Allah preserve him. His lectures and classes were recorded and are widely available in translated form. When the Shaikh returned to Yemen, he gave a lecture discussing his experiences in Britain and this lecture was recorded and distributed. It was further transcribed and printed in 2000 by Daar al-Athaar of San’aa, Yemen.

Return to “The Later Muslims (1401H-)”