Alleviating Grievances in Describing the Condition of the Strangers

Author: Al-Haafidh Ibn Rajab al-Hanbalee

Source: Al-Manhaj
Translator: Abu Maryam Isma’eel Alarcon

Published: Wednesday 5th August, 2015

Types Of Believers According To Their Strangeness

The believers in this category can be further divided into several categories. From among them is he whose heart is attached to Paradise. And from among them is he whose heart is attached to His Creator. And these are the ‘Aarifoon (those who have complete awareness of Allaah). Perhaps, the Commander of the Believers ‘Alee, (رضي الله عنه‎), was only indicating this category. Thus, the ‘Aarifoon have their bodies in this world while their hearts are with their Guardian (Allaah).

And from the Maraaseel of Al-Hasan, the Prophet, (صلى الله علیه وسلم), reported that Allaah said:

"The signs of purity is that the heart of the servant be attached to Me. So if it is that way, then he will not forget under any condition. And if it is that way, I will bless him with preoccupation of (his time with) Me in order that he will not forget Me. So if he does not forget Me, I will change his heart. So when he talks, he will talk for My Sake and when he remains silent, he will remain silent for My Sake. He is the one whom I have given assistance from Myself.”

The people of this condition are the strangers amongst the strangers and their strangeness is the greatest of strangeness.

Return to “The Call”