The Scholars’ Praise for Shaykh Rabee’ Ibn Haadee Al-Madkhalee

Author: Maktabah Al-Idreesee As-Salafiyyah, San’aa, Yemen

Source: Al-Manhaj
Translator: Abu Maryam Isma’eel Alarcon

Published: Wednesday 12th August, 2015

The Shaykh, the 'Allaamah, Muhammad Ibn Saalih Al-Uthaymeen:

In the cassette "Al-'Uthaymeen's Meeting with Rabee' Al-Madkhalee and Muhammad Al-Imaam", the Shaykh, (رحمه الله), said:

"Indeed, we praise Allaah that He has enabled our brother, Doctor Rabee' Ibn Haadee Al-Madkhalee to visit this province (in Saudi Arabia) so that those who are unaware of certain matters may know that our brother is on the side of the Salafiyyah - the way of the Salaf. May Allaah grant success to him and us. And I do not mean by "salafiyyah" that it is a separate and individual party (hizb) that opposes those apart from it amongst the Muslims. Rather what I mean by "salafiyyah" is that he is following the way of the Salaf in his methodology and especially in comprehending Tawheed and denouncing those who oppose it. And we all know that Tawheed is the foundation of the Message for which reason Allaah sent his messengers... Our Brother Shaykh Rabee' Ibn Haadee's visit to this province and specifically to our region of 'Unayzah, no doubt it will have an effect here. And it will become clear to many of the people what they were unaware of due to their inflaming, propagating and allowing their tongues to talk freely. [1] And how many are the people that feel sorrow for what they have stated against the scholars when it becomes clarified to them that they were in fact correct.”

Then on the same tape, one of the people in the gathering said:

“There is a question concerning the books of Shaykh Rabee’?”

So he, (رحمه الله), responded:

“It is clear that this question is in no need of my response, for as Imaam Ahmad was once asked about Ishaaq Ibn Raahawaih - may Allaah have mercy on them all - so he said: “The likes of me is asked about Ishaaq? Rather Ishaaq should be asked about me!” [2] I have already spoken at the start of my talk about what I know of Shaykh Rabee’, may Allaah gave him tawfeeq. And I still insist on what I stated then until now. And his coming here and his talk in which he informed me of what he did - no doubt - are from the things that only increases a person in his love for him and his supplicating for him.”

And in the tape “Shaykh Rabee’s meeting with Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen concerning the manhaj”, he, (رحمه الله), was asked the following question:

“We know about many of the deviations of Sayyid Qutb, but the only thing that I have not heard about him, but which I heard from one of the students of knowledge and which I am not satisfied with - is that Sayyid Qutb was from those who held the belief in wahdat-ul-wujood. Naturally, this is clear-cut disbelief. So was Sayyid Qutb from those who held the belief in wahdat-ulwujood? I hope for your response and may Allaah reward you. With good.”

So the Shaykh, (رحمه الله), responded:

“My examination of the books of Sayyid Qutb is little and I do not know of the condition of this man. However, the scholars have written remarks about his book on tafseer (i.e. Fee Dhilaal-il-Qur’aan), such as the books of Shaykh ‘Abdullaah Ad-Duwaish, (رحمه الله). Also, our brother Shaykh Rabee’ Al-Madkhalee wrote some remarks about Sayyid Qutb concerning his tafseer and other aspects. So whoever wants to refer to them, then he should refer to them.”

He was also asked about Shaykh Rabee’ in the cassette “Questions from Sweden” and responded:

“With respect to Shaykh Rabee’, I do not know anything of him except good. And the man is one who possesses (knowledge and following of) the Sunnah and Hadeeth.”

In another tape entitled “Unveiling the contradictions of Ahmad Salaam”, which was a telephone link-up from Holland, the question was posed to the Shaykh:

“What is your advice to the one who prevents the tapes of Shaykh Rabee’ Ibn Haadee from being distributed claiming that they will lead to fitnah (turmoil), and that in these tapes is praise for the leaders in Saudi Arabia - and this praise of his for the leaders is hypocrisy?”

So the Shaykh answered:

“Our view is that this is a mistake and a great error. Shaykh Rabee’ is from the scholars of the Sunnah and from the people of goodness. And his Creed is sound and his methodology is upright. But when he spoke out against some (popular) figures amongst the people of recent times, and he deafened them with (his exposition of) these faults...”

Footnotes

[1] These are the Hizbees (partisans) from the Ikhwaan Al-Muslimeen and the Suroori Qutubis!

[2] This is an assertion from the great scholar, Ibn 'Uthaymeen, to the fact that Shaykh Rabee' is the Carrier of the Flag of Al-Jarh wat-Ta'deel. And also, this is a sign of the Shaykh's humbleness, may Allaah have mercy on him.

Return to “The Later Muslims (1401H-)”