His Name and Lineage:
He is the Shaykh, the ‘Allaamah , the Muhaddith, Rabee’ Ibn Haadee Ibn Muhammad ‘Umair Al-Madkhalee from the tribe of Mudaakhala, a well-known tribe in the Jaazaan district in the southern part of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is one of the tribes of Banoo Shabeel. Shabeel was Ibn Yashjab Ibn Qahtaan.
He was born in the village of Jaraadiyah, which is a small village to the west of the town of Saamitah, close to three kilometers away from it. Now, the village is connected to that town. He was born in the year 1351H, towards the last part of the year. His father passed away almost a year and a half after his birth, so he was raised and brought up in the house of his mother, may Allaah have mercy on her. She supervised him and took charge of raising him in the best possible manner, and she taught him good characteristics, such as honesty and trustworthiness and to be motivated about making the prayers. She would make him go pray, while under the supervision of his paternal uncle.
His Educational Upbringing:
When the Shaykh reached the age of eight, he joined the study circles of the village. There, he learned proper handwriting and recitation (of the Qur’aan). From those who taught him handwriting, were Shaykh Shaibaan Al-‘Areeshee and Al-Qaadee Ahmad Ibn Muhammad Jaabir Al-Madkhalee. He also learned under a third person, called Muhammad Ibn Husain Makkee from the town of Sibyaa’. He studied the Qur’aan under Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Muhammad Jaabir Al-Madkhalee, as well as the subjects of Tawheed and Tajweed.
Afterwards he studied in the Salafee School of Saamitah. From the teachers whom he studied under in this school, were: the knowledgeable, Shaykh Naasir Khaloofah At-Tiyaash Mubaarakee, (رحمه الله), who was a famous scholar from the major students of Shaykh Al-Qar’aawee, (رحمه الله). He studied the books Buloogh Al-Maraam and Nuzhat-un-Nadhr of Al-Haafidh Ibn Hajr under him.
Then he joined the educational institute in Saamitah after that, and there he studied under a number of noble Mashaayikh, the most famous of whom, generally speaking, were: Shaykh Haafidh Ibn Ahmad Al-Hakamee - the well-known great scholar, (رحمه الله), and his brother, Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Ahmad Al-Hakamee. He also studied under the great scholar, the Muhaddith, Ahmad Ibn Yahyaa An-Najmee, may Allaah preserve him, and the Shaykh, the ‘Allaamah, Dr. Muhammad Amaan Ibn ‘Alee Al-Jaamee, (رحمه الله). He also studied under the Shaykh, the Faqeeh Muhammad Sagheer Khameesee the book Zaad Al-Mustaqni’ with regard to the subject of Fiqh. And there are many others whom the Shaykh studied under, such as in the subjects of Arabic Language, Literature, Eloquent Speech (Balaagha), etc.
In the year 1380H, upon finishing his allotted time, the Shaykh graduated from the educational institute of Saamitah. In the beginning of the year 1381H, he joined the Faculty of Sharee’ah in Riyadh and stayed there for a period of one or two months. Then the Islaamic University of Madeenah opened, so he moved to Madeenah and joined the Islaamic University’s Faculty of Sharee’ah. He studied there for the length of four years and graduated in the year 1384H with a grade of Mumtaz (Excellent).
The teachers whom the Shaykh studied under while in the Islaamic University:
- The Shaykh, the ‘Allaamah, the former Chief Muftee of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, ‘Abdul-‘Azeez Ibn ‘Abdillaah Ibn Baaz, (رحمه الله), under whom he studied Al-‘Aqeedah At-Tahaawiyyah.
- The ‘Allaamah, the Muhaddith, Shaykh Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaanee, (رحمه الله), under whom he studied the subject of Hadeeth and its chains of narration.
- The Shaykh, the ‘Allaamah, ‘Adul-Muhsin Al-‘Abbaad, under whom he studied the subject of Fiqh for three years, with the book Bidaayat-ul-Mujtahid.
- The Shaykh, the ‘Allaamah, the Haafidh and Mufassir, Muhammad Al-Ameen Ash-Shanqeetee, author of the book Adwaa-ul-Bayaan, under whom he studied the subjects of Tafseer and the Principles of Fiqh for four years.
- Shaykh Saalih Al-‘Iraaqee, under whom he studied ‘Aqeedah (Creed).
- The Shaykh, the Muhaddith, ‘Abdul-Ghaffaar Hasan Al-Hindee, under whom he studied the Science of Hadeeth and its terms.
After graduating from the Islaamic University of Madeenah, he worked as a teacher in one of the learning institutes of the Islaamic University for a while. Then he joined the Department for Higher Studies at Umm Al-Qurraa University, where he continued his studies, obtaining his Masters Degree in the subject of Hadeeth in 1397H, by having completed his dissertation, which is well known as “Between the two Imaams, Muslim and Ad-Daaraqutnee.”
Then in the year 1400H, he obtained his Doctorate Degree from Umm Al-Qurraa also, with the grade of Mumtaz (Excellent). And this was because of his checking of the book “An-Nukat ‘alaa Kitaab Ibn As-Salaah” of Al-Haafidh Ibn Hajr, (رحمه الله).
After that, he went back to working as a teacher in the Islaamic University (of Madeenah) in the Faculty of Hadeeth, where he taught Hadeeth and its Sciences. He became head of the Dept. of Sunnah in the Department for Higher Studies several times. Now, he currently holds the position of chair-holding professor.
His Attributes and Characteristics:
The Shaykh, may Allaah preserve him, is distinguished by his great humbleness in front of his (Muslim) brothers, students, questioners and visitors. He is humble with regard to his household, his clothes and his means of transportation - not liking to have luxury in any of these things. He is also always joyful and with a cheerful countenance. He doesn’t fatigue his students with too much talk. And his gatherings are always filled with readings in Hadeeth and the Sunnah and warnings against innovation and its people, to the extent that a person that doesn’t know him well or mix with him, may think to himself that the Shaykh doesn’t preoccupy himself except with doing this! He loves the Salafee Students of Knowledge and he is polite to them and treats them nicely. And he strives to assist them with their needs as much as he is able to, both physically and financially. His home is always open to the students of knowledge, to the point that not one day passes that he is able to eat his breakfast or lunch or dinner by himself. And he inquires about his students and assists them and shares with them.
He is among the persistent and enthusiastic callers to the Qur’aan and the Sunnah and the Creed of the Salaf. Many in these times cannot equal his great zeal and passion for the Sunnah and the Creed of the Salaf. And in our time, he is from those who are defending this methodology of the Salaf As-Saalih, day and night, in hidden and in open, without letting the accusations of critics censure him, for the sake of Allaah.
His books are many, all praise be to Allaah. The Shaykh has written on many important and required topics, especially that of refuting the people of innovation and desires in these times, in which the rectifiers are few and the troublemakers are many. His books include: 
- "Between the two Imaams, Muslim and Ad-Daaraqutnee" - It is a large volume, which was his Master's Dissertation
- “An-Nukat ‘alaa Kitaab Ibn As-Salaah” - This was printed in two volumes and was his Doctorate’s Dissertation.
- A Verification of the book “Al-Madkhal Ilaa As-Saheeh” of Al-Haakim - The first volume of this book was printed.
- A Verification (checking) of the book “At-Tawassul wal-Waseelah” of Ibn Taimiyyah - In one volume.
- “Methodology of the Prophets in Calling to Allaah” (Translated and printed in English)
- “Methodology of Ahl-us-Sunnah wal-Jamaa’ah in Criticizing Men, Books and Groups”
- “The Categorization of the Hadeeth into Saheeh, Hasan and Da’eef between the actuality of the Muhadditheen and the falsification of the Blind followers” - A Refutation of ‘Abdul-Fattaah Abu Ghuddah and Muhammad ‘Awaamah
- “Exposing Al-Ghazaalee's stance on the Sunnah and Its People”
- “Preventing the Aggression of the Disbelievers and the Ruling for Seeking Assistance from Non-Muslims”
- “The Status of Ahlul-Hadeeth”
- “The Methodology employed by Imaam Muslim in Arranging his Saheeh”
- “The Ahlul-Hadeeth are the Victorious and Saved Group” - A Discussion with Salmaan Al-‘Awdah
- “A Treatise on the Prophetic Hadeeth”
- “Shedding Islaamic Light on the Creed and Ideology of Sayyid Qutub”
- “The Abuses of Sayyid Qutub against the Companions of Allaah’s Messenger”
- “Protection against the Dangers that are found in the Books of Sayyid Qutub”
- “The Decisive Border between the Truth and Falsehood” - A Discussion with Bakr Abu Zayd
- “Majaazafaat Al-Hidaad”
- “The Clear Proof concerning Protecting the Sunnah”
- One Group (Jamaa’ah) not many Groups (Jamaa’aat) and One Path not Several” - A Discussion with ‘Abdur-Rahmaan ‘Abdul-Khaaliq
- “An-Nasr-ul-‘Azeez ‘alaa Ar-Radd-il-Wajeez”
- “The Condemned Form of Fanaticism and its (bad) Effects”
- "Clarifying the corruption of the standard used to measure" - A debate with a hizbee (sectarian) that conceals himself
- "Warning of the Falsehoods in Tawdeeh Al-Maleebaari"
- "A Refutation of the Falsehoods of Musa Ad-Duwaish"
- "Annihilating the Fabrications of 'Abdul-Lateef Bashmeel"
- "The Onslaught of Salafee Blazing Meteors against the Khalafee encampments of 'Adnaan"
- "Advice is a Collective Responsibility in Da'wah Work" - This was printed in the magazine "At-Taw'eeyah Al-Islaamiyyah"
- "The Qur'aan and the Sunnah - their effect, their status, and the need for them in establishing education in our schools" - Printed in the 16th Issue of the Islaamic University Magazine
- "The Islaamic Ruling concerning the one who reviles Allaah's Messenger or criticizes some part of His Message" - This is an article that appeared in the Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Qabs (Issue 8576) on 9/5/1977.
The Shaykh has other books that we did not mention here. We ask Allaah to assist him in completing the good and to grant him the ability to do what He loves and is pleased with. Surely, Allaah has power over that and He is Able to do it.
 This biography was taken from the book of Shaykh Rabee' "At-Ta'assub Adh-Dhameem wa Aathaaruhu" (The condemned form of fanaticism and its Effects), with some additions made to it.
 Translator’s Note: The titles of the Shaykh’s books have been translated into English, however, this does not mean that they are available in the English language. From the list, we only know of one that has been translated and printed in English and it is “The Methodology of the Prophets in Calling to Allaah.”