The Book of Knowledge

Author: al-Imaam, al-Haafidh Abu Khaithama Zuhair Ibn Harb An-Nasaa’ee [Died 234H]

Source: Checking and Notes: Imaam Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaanee
Translator: Abu Maryam Isma’eel Alarcon

Published: Monday 27th July, 2015

The Text of the Book [continued]

Points 85 - 126:

1. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Jareer reported to us, saying: Qaaboos reported to us from his father on the authority of Ibn 'Abbaas that he said concerning Allaah's saying: "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allaah, even though it be against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, be he rich or poor, Allaah is Better Protector to both (than you). So follow not the lusts (of you hearts), lest you avoid justice. And if you distort your witness or refuse to give it, verily, Allaah is All-Aware of what you do." [Surah An-Nisaa: 135]

"(It means) Two men (would) sit in front of the judge and so the judge's harshness and severity would be geared towards one of the two men apart from the other."

2. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Jareer reported to us from Qaaboos on the authority of Ibn 'Abbaas (رضي الله عنه‎) that he said:

"When speaking to his Lord, Moosaa said: 'My Lord, which of Your slaves is the most beloved to You?' He said: 'The ones who remember Me the most.' He then asked: 'My Lord, which of Your slaves is the wisest?' He said: 'The one who judges himself in the same way he judges others.' He then said: 'My Lord, which of Your slaves is the richest?' He said: 'The one who is pleased with what I have given him.'"

3. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Ibn 'Uyainah reported to us from Ibraheem Ibn Maisira from Taawoos that he said:

"Ibn 'Abbaas (رضي الله عنه‎) would be asked a question on something and then say (at times): 'Indeed, (the answer to) this is found in the first divine scriptures.'"

4. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Hafs Ibn Ghayyaath reported to us, saying: ‘Aasim narrated to us about Abu ‘Uthmaan that:

“I said to him: ‘Indeed, you narrate hadeeth to us. So sometimes you narrate them to us in the same manner and sometimes you omit some parts.’ So he said: ‘Stick to the first time of hearing.’”

5. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: ‘Abdullaah Ibn Idrees reported to us, saying: Laith reported to us from ‘Adiyy Ibn ‘Adiyy from As-Sanaabahee from Mu’aadh [Ibn Jabal] (رضي الله عنه‎) that he said:

“The Son of Aadam will not depart from standing (before Allaah) on the Day of Judgement until he is asked about four things: On his life and in what condition he left it. On his body and in what things he put it through. On his wealth, from where did he earn it. And on his knowledge and what he did because of it.” [1]

6. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Al-Fadl Ibn Dukain reported to us, saying: Sufyaan informed us from Yahyaa Ibn Sa'eed that he said: I heard Al-Qaasim Ibn Muhammad say:

"That a man spend his entire life in ignorance is better for him than to issue rulings (fataawaa) without knowledge."

7. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: ‘Abdullaah Ibn Numair reported to us from Hushaim Ibn ‘Urwah from his father that he said:

“It used to be said: ‘The most withdrawn of people from a scholar are his family members.’”

8. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: 'Abdullaah Ibn Numair reported to us from Al-A'amash that he said:

"Mujaahid said to me: 'If I were able to walk, I would surely come to (visit) you.'"

9. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Isma’eel reported to us from Ibn ‘Awn that he said:

“Muhammad (صلى الله علیه وسلم) used to hate that the hadeeth be written down on the ground.” [2]

10. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: ‘Ibaad Ibn Al-‘Awaam reported to us from Ash-Shaibaanee from Ash-Sha’bee that he said:

“Knowledge used to be acquired from six of the Companions of the Allaah’s Messenger. Thus, the knowledge of ‘Umar, ‘Abdullaah and Zayd would resemble that of one another. And they would acquire (knowledge) from one another. And the knowledge of ‘Alee, my father and Abu Moosaa Al-Ash’aree would resemble that of one another. And they would acquire (knowledge) from one another.” So I (Ash-Shaybaanee) said to him: “Who was Al-Ash'aree to these individuals?” He said: “He was one of the scholars of Fiqh.”

11. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Isma’eel Ibn Ibraaheem reported to us from Al-Juryaree from Abu Nadrah that he said:

"I said to Abu Sa'eed: 'Indeed, you narrate wonderful hadeeth to us and verily we fear that we may either add to it or reduce from it, so is it possible that you can write them out for us?' So he said: 'We will never write it out for you nor will we ever make it similar to a Qur'aan, but rather memorize them from us just as we have memorized them (from others).'"

12. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Sufyaan Ibn ‘Uyainah reported to us from Az-Zuhree from Al-A’araj that he said: I heard Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه‎) say:

"Indeed, you claim that Abu Hurairah has memorized many ahaadeeth from Allaah’s Messenger. I swear by Allaah, I used to be a poor man and I would serve Allaah’s Messenger (صلى الله علیه وسلم) in order to fill my belly (with food). The Muhaajiroon would be involved with their business transactions in the market places [3] and the Ansaar would be preoccupied with directing their funds. So the Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله علیه وسلم) said: 'Whosoever outspreads his garment, then he will never forget anything that he hears from me.' So I spread my garment out until he finished (narrating) his hadeeth and I then gathered it up to myself. And I did not forget anything that I heard after that.'"

13. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: ‘Abd-ur-Rahmaan Ibn Mahdee reported to us from Hamaad Ibn Zayd on the authority of Ayyoob that he said:

“A man (once) said to Mutarrif: ‘Do you desire something better than the Qur’aan?’ So he said: ‘No, but we desire someone that is more knowledge of the Qur’aan than ourselves.’”

14. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: 'Abd-ur-Rahmaan reported to us, saying: Abu Khalda reported to us, saying: I heard Abu 'Aliyya saying:

"Narrate hadeeth to the people to the extent that they are able to bear it." I said: "What does it mean that they are able to bear it?" He said: "So long as they are eager to hear it."

15. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: ‘Abd-ur-Rahmaan reported to us from Shu’ba from Abu Ishaaq that he said: I heard Abu Al-Ahwas say: 'Abdullaah [Ibn Mas’ood] (رضي الله عنه‎) used to say:

“Do not bore and fatigue the people (i.e. with too much knowledge).”

16. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: ‘Abd-ur-Rahmaan reported to us, saying: Shareek [4] reported to us from Samaak on the authority of Jaabir Ibn Samurah (رضي الله عنه‎) that he said:

"When we used to stop upon reaching the Prophet, each one of us would sit at the point where he stopped."

17. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: ‘Abd-ur-Rahmaan reported to us from Salmaan Ibn Al-Mugheerah from Thaabit on the authority of ‘Amr Ibn Shu’ayb that he said:

“The Prophet used to hate that people walk behind him. But rather (he liked that they should walk) on his right side and on his left side.” [5]

18. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: 'Abd-ur-Rahmaan Ibn Mahdee reported to us from Zaa'idah from 'Ataa Ibn As-Saa'ib that he said:

"Abu 'Abd-ir-Rahmaan used to hate to be asked questions while he was walking."

19. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: ‘Abd-ur-Rahmaan reported to us from 'Abdullaah Ibn Al-Mubaarak from Riyaah Ibn Zayd on the authority of a man on the authority of Ibn Munbih, that he said:

"Verily there is an excessiveness in (seeking) knowledge just like there is an excessiveness in (accumulating) wealth."

20. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Ma’in Ibn ‘Eesaa reported to us, saying: Mu’awiyah Ibn Saalih reported to us from Al-‘Alaa Ibn Al-Haarith from Mak-hool from Waa'ila that he said:

"If we narrate hadeeth to you based upon their meanings, then that is sufficient for you."

21. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Ma’in reported to us, saying: Mu’awiyah Ibn Saalih reported to us from Rabee' Ibn Yazeed on the authority of Abu Ad-Dardaa (رضي الله عنه‎) that he said:

"When a hadeeth of the Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله علیه وسلم) would be reported, one would say (to himself): 'O Allaah, if it is not (stated) this way, then at least make it resemble it.'"

22. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Ma’in reported to us, saying: Abu Uwais, the son of the uncle of Maalik Ibn Anas said: I heard Az-Zuhree say:

“If you can get the meaning (of the hadeeth) correctly, then there is no harm.” [6]

23. Ibn Juraij reported: 'Ataa informed me that he heard Abu Hurairah say while he was being asked questions by the people:

'If it were not for an ayah that was revealed in Surah Al-Baqarah, I would not have informed you of anything. If it were not that He said: 'Verily, those who conceal what We have sent down from the clear evidences and the guidance, after We have explained it clearly to the people in the Book, they are the ones cursed by Allaah and cursed by those who curse.' [7] " [8]

24. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Ibn Fudayl reported to us from his father that he said:

“We used to sit together – myself, Ibn Shabrama, Al-Haarith, Al-‘Aklee, Al-Mugheerah and Al-Qa’qaa’ Ibn Yazeed – at night, reviewing with one another (the issues) of Fiqh. Sometimes we would not get up to leave until we heard the call for the Fajr prayer.”

25. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Jareer reported to us from ‘Abdullaah Ibn Yazeed (As-Sahbaanee) from Kumail Ibn Ziyaad on the authority of ‘Abdullaah [Ibn Mas’aad] that he said:

“Verily, you are in a time in which there are many scholars and few speakers. And verily after you, there will come a time in which there will be many speakers, while the scholars in it will be few.” [9]

26. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: ‘Abd-us-Salaam Ibn Harb reported to us from Laith from Mujaahid that he said:

“There is no harm in staying up at night to discuss the issues of Fiqh.”

27. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Jareer reported to us from Al-Hasan Ibn ‘Amr and from Ibraaheem An-Nakha'ee that he said:

"Whosoever seeks any aspect of knowledge, desiring (the face of) Allaah by it, Allaah will give him what is sufficient for him."

28. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Jareer reported to us from Abu Yazeed Al-Muraadee that he said:

"When death approached 'Ubaidah, [10] he called for his books to be brought to him and then erased (what was in) them."

29. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Jareer reported to us from 'Abd-ul-Malik Ibn 'Umair from Ibn 'Abdillaah that he said: 'Abdullaah [Ibn Mas'ood] said:

"May Allaah have mercy on the who hears a hadeeth from us and then reports it just as he heard it, for perhaps the one who has the hadeeth narrated to him is more attentive than the one who hears (and narrates the hadeeth)." [11]

30. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Jareer reported to us from 'Abd-ul-Malik Ibn 'Umair from Rajaa Ibn Haiwah on the authority of Abu Ad-Dardaa (رضي الله عنه‎), that he said:

“Knowledge is achieved by studying and maturity is achieved by puberty. And whosoever strives after (learning) good, he will be given it and whosoever avoids evil, he will be protected from it.” [12]

31. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Wakee’ reported to us from Sufyaan from Abu Zia’raa from Abu Al-Ahwas on the authority of 'Abdullaah [Ibn Mas’ood] (رضي الله عنه‎) that he said:

"Indeed, no one is born a scholar. But rather, knowledge is only (attained) by studying."

32. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Jareer reported to us from Abu Sinaan from Sahl Al-Faraazee that he said: 'Abdullaah [Ibn Mas’ood] (رضي الله عنه‎) said:

"Aspire to be a scholar or a student of knowledge or a listener (of hadeeth). And do not be of the fourth category lest you be destroyed."

33. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Yahyaa Ibn Sa’eed reported to us from 'Uthmaan Ibn Ghayaath on the authority of Abu As-Saleel that he said:

"When one of the Companions of the Prophet (صلى الله علیه وسلم) would narrate hadeeth to the people, they would gather around him in large numbers, such that he would have to climb upon a house and narrate hadeeth to them (from there)."

34. Abu Khaithama narrated to us from Yahyaa Ibn 'Umair that he said: I heard my father narrate from Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه‎) that he said:

"Knowledge will be uplifted, ignorance will spread and Al-Haraj will increase." The people said: 'What is Al-Haraj?' He said: "War." [13]

35. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Rauh Ibn ‘Ubaad reported to us, saying: Ar-Rabee' reported to us from Al-Hasan that he said:

"The best types of knowledge are war' (piety) and tafakkur (reflection)."

36. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Muhammad Ibn 'Abdillaah Al-Ansaaree reported to us, saying: My father [14] narrated to me from Thumaamah Ibn 'Abdillaah that he said:

"Anas (رضي الله عنهما) used to tell his son: 'O my son! Secure knowledge by writing.'"

37. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Wakee' reported to us from Hishaam Ibn 'Urwah from his father from 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Amr (رضي الله عنه‎), that he said: The Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله علیه وسلم) said:

"Indeed Allaah will not take knowledge away abruptly by snatching it away from the people. But rather, he will take away the knowledge by causing the scholars to die, to the point that when not one scholar remains, the people will take hold of ignorant leaders. So they will be asked and they will issue rulings without any knowledge. Thus, they will be led astray and they will lead others astray." [15]

38. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Ya'qoob reported to us, saying: Ubay reported to us from Saalih that he said: Ibn Shihaab said, however 'Urwah narrated the hadeeth from Humraan that one day he said:

"Once when 'Uthmaan finished performing ablution, he said: 'I swear by Allaah that I will indeed narrate a hadeeth to you. And had it not been for an ayah in the Book of Allaah, I would not have narrated it to you. Indeed I heard the Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله علیه وسلم) say: 'No person makes ablution and perfects it, and then performs the prayer, except that he will be forgiven for what is (accumulated of sins) between it (the ablution) and the prayer he performs.' 'Urwah said that the ayah was: 'Verily, those who conceal what We have sent down from the clear evidences and the guidance, after We have explained it clearly to the people in the Book, they are the ones cursed by Allaah and cursed by those who curse.' [Surah Al-Baqarah: 159]" [16]

39. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Hajaaj Ibn Muhammad reported to us from Shu'aba from Al-Haitham [17] on the authority of 'Aasim Ibn Damurah that:

“He ('Aasim) saw a group of people following after Sa'eed Ibn Jubair, so he forbade then from doing that and said to them: 'Indeed, this action of yours is a degradation to the one following and a fitnah (trial) for the one being followed.'”

40. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Hajaaj Ibn Muhammad reported to us, saying: Yoonus reported to us from Abu Ishaaq [18] from Al-Aghr on the authority of Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه‎) that he said:

“Indeed Allaah and His angels send their blessings upon Abu Hurairah and his gathering of students.”

41. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Isma'eel Ibn Ibraaheem reported to us from Habeeb Ibn Ash-Shaheed from Ibn Taawoos [19] on the authority of his father that he said: ‘Umar (Ibn Al-Khattaab) said:

“Verily, we do not permit that we be asked concerning that which can never come to be, for indeed Allaah has explained to us all that will occur.”

42. Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: 'Abd-ur-Rahmaan Ibn Mahdee reported to us from Mahdee Ibn Maimoon from Gheelaan that he said:

"I once said to Al-Hasan: 'If a man constantly narrates hadeeth without growing tired, will there occur in it (his narration) additions and deletions (to the ahaadeeth)?' So he said: 'Who can escape that?'" [20]

Footnotes

[1] The hadeeth here is mawqoof and in its chain is Laith Ibn Abee Saleem who is da'eef (weak). Others have reported it from 'Adiyy Ibn 'Adiyy in marfoo' form. Ibn 'Asaakir (10/28/2) reported it as well as Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdaadee in Iqtidaa-ul-'Ilm (no. 2). It has a supporting evidence (in a hadeeth reported) on the authority of Abu Burzah in marfoo' form. At-Tirmidhee reported this one and authenticated it. Ad-Daarimee also reported it as well as Abu Ya'laa in his Musnad (2/353) with an authentic chain of narration. Also, Al-Khateeb reported this in his book Iqtidaa-ul-'Ilm under (no. 1).

[2] The original source of this hadeeth is in mawqoof form and not marfoo'. Some people have mentioned it on the authority of Ka'ab Al-Ahbaar (رضي الله عنه‎), saying that it is found in the Torah. And some liars and weak reporters have raised it to the level of being a saying of Abu Ad-Dardaa and Jaabir (radi-Allaahu ‘anhum). See Al-Laalee Al-Masnoo'ah of As-Suyootee and Silsilat-ul-Ahaadeeth Ad-Da'eefah (no. 2750).

[3] Know that there is not found in this description of the Muhaajireen, and likewise this description of the Ansaar, any reviling or derogation of them, as many of the contemporary writers that slander Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه‎) without due right claim. This goes as well for those who interpret his sayings in a way contrary to what he intended. Indeed, doing an action in addition to seeking the halaal is from the Way of Allaah, as has been reported authentically in some ahaadeeth. And Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه‎) was aware of this, for he was one of the reporters. Thus, he made excuses for them in regard to that matter for (their lack) of memorizing hadeeth the way he was able to memorize. Al-Haakim (3/511-512) reported from Talha Ibn 'Ubaidillaah, one of the ten who were given the glad tidings of Paradise, and one of the Muhaajireen and first Muslims, that he (رضي الله عنه‎) said concerning the Muhaajireen and Abu Hurairah something similar to this hadeeth:

"By Allaah, I have no doubt that Abu Hurairah heard from the Messenger of Allaah, that which we did not hear and he learned that which we did not learn. Verily, we were rich people, in possession of houses and large families. We used to go and stay with the Prophet until the end of the day, then we used to go back. And Abu Hurairah was a poor person. He had no money nor family nor children. His hand was only where the Prophet's hand was. And he used to stay over wherever he resided. And we have no doubt that he learned what we didn't learn and that he heard what we didn't hear. And no one among us accuses him."

Al-Haakim authenticated it and Al-Haafidh mentioned a supporting evidence for it in Fath-ul-Baaree (1/191). Furthermore, the hadeeth has an authentic chain of narration, according to the standards of the two Shaikhs. Muslim transmitted it through the same path of narrators as the author (Abu Khaithama) and he and Al-Bukhaaree have both transmitted it through other paths on the authority of Sufyaan. And with this chain, Ahmad (2/240) also reported it. Furthermore, he (2/274), Al-Bukhaaree and others reported it through other paths of narration on the authority of Az-Zuhree. Muslim reported it from Az-Zuhree on the authority of Sa'eed Ibn Al-Musayyib and Abu Salamah Ibn 'Abd-ir-Rahmaan that Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه‎) said: "Indeed, you..."

[4] He is Ibn 'Abdillaah Al-Qaadee. There is speculation concerning his memory, however Zuhair Ibn Mu'awiyah followed him and he is reliable. Due to this, At-Tirmidhee authenticated the hadeeth. It is reported in Al-Ahaadeeth As-Saheehah under no. 330.

[5] This is an authentic hadeeth. Its chain is in mursal form (meaning stopped at the level of being a saying of a Taabi'ee). However Al-Haakim (4/279-280) has reported it from the path of: "Umayyah Ibn Khallid from Sulaimaan Ibn Al-Mugheerah on the authority of Thaabit on 'Amr Ibn Shu'ayb on his father on the authority of 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Amr who reported it on the Messenger of Allaah. And he (Al-Haakim) authenticated it based on the standards of Muslim, and Adh-Dhahabee agreed. It is only this hadeeth that is saheeh.

[6] Translator’s Note: This means that if you can convey the meaning of a hadeeth, as opposed to quoting it, then there is no harm, in that, and Allaah knows best.

[7] Surat-ul-Baqarah: 159.

[8] I say: Its chain of narration is saheeh according to the standards of the two Shaikhs. Al-Bukhaaree (1/42) has transmitted it from the path of Al-A'araj on Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه‎).

[9] This narration in mawqoof form (saying of a companion only) has an authentic chain. Its narrators are all narrators of the category of the two Saheeh collections, except for 'Abdullaah Ibn Yazeed As-Sahbaanee. However, he is trustworthy and his biography occurs in Al-Jarh wat-Ta'deel.

[10] He is Ibn 'Amr As-Salmaanee. He was a Taabi'ee, reliable and trustworthy. The one who reports from him, Abu Zaid Al-Muraadee, is Nu'maan Ibn Qais. Ibn Abee Haatim wrote a biography for him (4/1/446) and reported his reliability from the sayings of Ibn Ma'een and others. Sufyaan Ath-Thawree reported this narration on his authority also and added to the end of it that he ('Ubaidah) said:

"Indeed I fear that a people will succeed after it (i.e. his books) and not give it its due place."

Ad-Daarimee (1/121) reported it as well as Al-Khateeb in Taqyeed-ul-'Ilm (pg. 61)

[11] I say: Its chain is munqata' (broken). This is because Ibn 'Abdillaah, who is Abu 'Ubaidah Ibn 'Abdillaah Ibn Mas'ood did not hear from his father. Therefore, it is cut short to being a saying of Ibn ‘Abdillaah. And it is authentic on Ibn Mas'ood in marfoo' form (saying of the Prophet sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam). At-Tirmidhee reported it and authenticated it, as did Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh. And it has been mentioned from other Companions apart from him.

[12] Its chain is saheeh in mawqoof form. It is also reported from the path of Isma'eel Ibn Mujaalid on 'Abd-ul-Malik Ibn 'Umair in marfoo' form (saying of the Prophet sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam). And it has a supporting witness from the path of Mu'awiyah (رضي الله عنه‎). I have spoken about it in Al-Ahaadeeth As-Saheehah.

[13] Its chain of narration is saheeh in mawqoof form. And it is authentic in marfoo' form from different paths on the authority of Abu Hurairah. Al-Bukhaaree, Muslim and others have transmitted it.

[14] He is 'Abdullaah Ibn Al-Muthnaa Ibn 'Abdillaah Ibn Anas. He was honest yet made many mistakes. This hadeeth has been reported in marfoo' form as a saying of the Prophet, and it is not authentic. Later, I encountered many paths of narration for the hadeeth reported in marfoo' form, such that it directs towards the fact that it is saheeh. I have clarified this in Al-Ahaadeeth As-Saheehah (no. 2026).

[15] Its chain is saheeh according to the standards of the two Shaikhs and they have both reported it. One of the paths of narration reported by Muslim is the same one used by the author (Abu Khaithama) here.

[16] Its chain is saheeh according to the standards of the two Shaikhs and they have both reported it. One of the paths of narration reported by Muslim is the same one used by the author (Abu Khaithama) here.

[17] He is Al-Haitham Ibn Habeeb, Abu Al-Haitham As-Sairafee. And he is reliable as are the rest of the narrators in this chain.

[18] His name is 'Amr Ibn 'Abdillaah As-Subai'ee. He is reliable, but used to commit tadless and mix (confuse) his narrations.

[19] His name is 'Abdullaah and he is reliable, from the narrators of the category of the two Shaikhs (Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim). This goes the same for the rest of the narrators of the chain. However there is a break in the chain. Taawoos on the authority of 'Umar is in mursal form.

[20] This means that there is no one who is able to narrate a hadeeth without there occurring an addition or a subtraction to it. So it is upon one to exert himself and to not fall short with regard to memory and precision. Hence, "Allaah does not burden a soul with more than it can handle." The chain of the narration is saheeh. And Gheelaan is Ibn Jareer Al-Ma'oolee.

Return to “Narrations”